The Lisbon Consortium is a partnership between the Master’s and Doctoral Degree Programs in Culture Studies at the Catholic University of Portugal and prestigious cultural institutions in Lisbon:
The aim of this network is to promote the advanced training in the multidisciplinary field of Culture Studies as well as the professional integration of students. This collaborative network brings together theory, applied research, cultural programming and management.
The Lisbon Consortium is structured in accordance with four fundamental principles:
• Inter-institutional cooperation;
• excellence in research;
• creativity and cultural entrepreneurship;
• social responsibility in the production of knowledge.
The Lisbon Consortium is a unique and innovative cooperation program with an international focus.
The scope of Lisbon Consortium activities is as follows:
• Coordination of academic activities with partner cultural institutions in Lisbon, granting due accreditation.
• Organisation of thematic seminars/workshops in conjunction with partner institutions.
• Development of research projects with the objective of studying and promoting the partners’ cultural and heritage assets.
• Professional integration by means of internships in the partner institutions. Career Development Program.
• Annual organisation of the Lisbon Summer School for the Study of Culture (June/July), with the participation of national and international academics, artists and curators.
• Doctoral double degrees with international partners (Justus-Liebig University Giessen, University of Copenhagen and PUC-Rio, Brazil)
The Lisbon Consortium Team:
Program Director: Isabel Capeloa Gil
Pedagogic Coordinator: Alexandra Ambrósio Lopes
Development Director: Paulo de Campos Pinto
Outreach and Internationalization: Daniela Agostinho