For more information on how to apply, fees and payment options, please download our MA Application Guidelines 2017-2018
Admission Requirements MA
ATTENTION APPLICATION TO MA IN CULTURE STUDIES AT THE FACULTY OF HUMAN SCIENCES
• SEPTEMBER 2017
• 1ST PHASE: from February 6 to June 7
• 2ND PHASE: from June 19 to July 24
• BA Degree, preferably in a related field of studies (Humanities and Social Sciences);
• English Language Certificate attained in the last 2 years (IELTS 7.0 minimum; TOEFL 100 + minimum 24 in all skills; Cambridge Advanced Certificate B; Cambridge Proficiency; CEFR B2/C1)
o Candidates without Language Certificate can take a test at the Catholic University
– Cost: 50€
– Dates: (written: TBA; oral: TBA);
• Interview (interviews can be held through Skype).
On a rolling basis
POSTING OF RESULTS:
• 1ST PHASE: June 12, 2017
• 2ND PHASE: July 27, 2017
REGISTRATION AND ENROLLMENT:
• 1ST PHASE: June 19-20, 2017
• 2ND PHASE: July 28 and 31, 2017
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION:
• Application Form;
• Motivation letter (max. 3.000 characters) introducing yourself to the Selection Committee, explaining why you have chosen this program and why you would be a good fit;
• Curriculum Vitae;
• Copy of identification document (Passport or ID card);
• 1 Passport size photo [printed photo must be presented upon registration];
• Vaccination record (tetanus vaccine updated) [to be presented upon registration];
• Certificate of English skills attained in the last 2 years (except for native speakers);
• Copy of Transcript of Records [original documents must be presented upon registration].
For degrees earned abroad, Transcripts and Certificates must duly translated into Portuguese (if not in English, French, or Spanish).
NOTE: Applicants may include other documents they consider relevant to the application.
• Send all required documents to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, together with the proof of payment of the Application Fee (80.00€).
• Proof of payment (including the name of the applicant, passport number or NIF, and MA Program applied to) should also be sent to: Hugo Brandão email@example.com.
PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEE:
Payment may be made through bank transfer with the following reference:
BANK NAME: Millennium BCP
IBAN: PT50 0033 0000 0000 6812 0200 5
NOTE: any bank charges incurred are the responsibility of the Applicant.
National Candidates can pay the Application Fee through MB – Pagamento de Serviços. Please request a reference to Hugo Brandão firstname.lastname@example.org.
START OF ACADEMIC YEAR:
Available online at the beginning of August. All classes take place from 18h30 to 21h30, unless otherwise indicated.
TUITION AND OTHER FEES:
• Application Fee: 80€ (if updated in May, the difference must be paid upon registration).
• Registration and 1st enrollment: 330€ + 396€ (1st installment of payment plan referring to September)
[note: the fees above are non-refundable]
• Tuition fees for FIRST YEAR – Curricular Year (5 installments per semester): 13.20€/ECTS
o 13.20€ x number of monthly credits = monthly fee
Example: 13.20€ x 30 ECTS = 396€ per month (total of 3960€ in the first year)
• 2nd enrollment: 260€
• Tuition fees for SECOND YEAR – Dissertation, Project, or Internship (5 installments per semester): 9.50€/ECTS
o 9.50€ x number of monthly credits = monthly fee
Example: 9.50€ x 30 ECTS = 285€ per month (total of 2850€ in the second year)
NOTE: All Fees may be subject to minor changes – they are usually updated every year in May.
Prof. Dr. Diana Gonçalves
Executive Coordinator – Admissions and Academics
E-mail: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org